Our client is a major tier 1 main contractor that works in the water and civils markets across the UK, due to recent project wins they now have several fantastic opportunities and are recruiting for a Design & Technical Delivery Manager specialising in waste water. This role is Based at the Falmer (Brighton) office you will be responsible for delivering engineering solutions at a project / tranche level from initial definition of need through optioneering, solution development, detail design and construction support.
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
· To lead a team of discipline design engineers in the development of wastewater technical solutions from initial need statement through optioneering, solution development, value engineering, detail design and construction support.
· Ensure affordable design solutions are developed within project budget and solution risk is appropriately managed and communicated throughout the solution development process.
· Establish collaborative working relationships with the client, design teams, construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs.
· Ensure sustainable design solutions completed in accordance with CDM Regulations
· Provide design solutions that meet all the requirements of the programme’s systems and governance procedures
· Agree design budgets, monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects
· Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency
· Establish and agree design costs and programme timescales with the Programme Manager
· Organise the work required and document the Design Management Plan / Project Execution Plan
· Deliver the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget