My client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Design & Technical Delivery Manager for our CMDP joint venture framework.
Based at the Falmer (Brighton) office you will be responsible for delivering engineering solutions at a project / tranche level from initial definition of need through optioneering, solution development, detail design and construction support.
You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and the responsibilities will include
• To lead a team of discipline design engineers in the development of wastewater technical solutions from initial need statement through optioneering, solution development, value engineering, detail design and construction support.
• Ensure affordable design solutions are developed within project budget and solution risk is appropriately managed and communicated throughout the solution development process.
• Establish collaborative working relationships with the client, design teams, construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs.
• Ensure sustainable design solutions completed in accordance with CDM Regulations
• Provide design solutions that meet all the requirements of the programme’s systems and governance procedures
• Agree design budgets, monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects
• Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency
• Establish and agree design costs and programme timescales with the Programme Manager
• Organise the work required and document the Design Management Plan / Project Execution Plan
• Deliver the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget