Design Manager - Rail / Civils
Quote ref: 206/23712
Our client is a well known infrastructure consulting firm. They are currently looking for an experienced Design Manager to join our team in London to work on a prestigious Infrastructure projects. You will be joining a team of like-minded experts that have a passion for innovation and delivering cutting edge solutions. The role is a non-design role.
For this role you will need to:
- Provide support to the company's Design Teams and external architects and assist with the management of the design process in London, the UK and internationally.
- Help grow the Design Management team in the UK by demonstrating value at every opportunity and assist in managing and mentoring graduate design managers.
- Forge relationships with architects and engineers and externally to build up a contact database for future business development.
The duties will include:
- Manage Sub-consultants
- Establish and Manage Design Management Procedures
- Manage Client, Stakeholder and Statutory Approvals
- Establish and Monitor Design Schedule and Progress
- Agree deliverables and monitor outputs to ensure quality standards and contractual obligations are met.
- Organise Project Meetings and define the Decision Making Process
- Experience in major multi-disciplinary projects
- Comprehensive understanding of the design process, underpinned by technical excellence
- Excellent leadership, management and communication skills.
- A collaborative, partnering approach
- Robust financial management capability
- Project and design scheduling skills.
- Experience in the development and implementation of design management tools and procedures
- In depth construction knowledge/experience
- Enthusiasm, Commitment, Energy and Integrity
- Proficiency in MS Project/Excel/Indesign and other relevant PM/DM softwares
- Degree or equivalent qualification in architecture or engineering discipline
- Chartered Status with the RICS, CIOB, RIBA, ICE or other equivalent institution
- APM affiliation preferred (as secondary accreditation)
This is a Client and Lead Designer facing role and demonstrable skills in maintaining and developing both internal and external relationships are required.
The jobholder will be expected to convey a positive attitude whilst maintaining the highest standards in undertaking their work and acting with integrity and professionalism at all times. They should comply with the firms laid down standards, procedures and processes and implement these effectively.
The role would suit a built environment design consultant, e.g. engineer or architect with 5+ years experience in the management of multi-disciplinary design teams.