Design Coordinator / Site Engineer
- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Our client is a main Tier 1 contractor that works in the Civils, Water and Utilities sectors across the UK and they are looking for Design Coordinators / Site Engineers (Design) from a Civils / Water background for a major pipeline project in Durham.
You will be joining the company's Design team as part of the Civils Division you will be working on projects located in the Southeast, Midlands & Northwest of England. Their Civils projects operate across Roads & Bridges, Marine, Renewable, Water, Horizon sectors.
As a Design Coordinator you will be working onsite to provide clear direction the alongside the Commercial, Procurement and Preconstruction teams from the tender phase through to award and project compilation. Providing design review support, assisting in technical review and to identify change, complying material and sub-contract enquiries.
- Managing the development of the design from contract award through to compilation (including temporary works)
- Providing clear direction to designers for all information and monitoring progress
- Managing to ensure designs are co-ordinated and approved in advance of the construction programme
- Reviewing all design information to ensure compliance, buildability, financial viability, Temporary works
- Contribute to the management of risk & opportunity and VE
- Resolve technical problems and design issues that emerge and share solutions to the wider team
- Actively work to minimise risk to the Contractor from potential defects, potential hazards and non-compliance
- Advise on protocol and procedures for formalised workflows for formatted information
- Implementation of BIM as required by the Project / assist BIM Manager
- Support the Client as to their duties under CDM regulations and their obligations in the development of a design
- Proven design co-ordination experience within the Civils industry
- Strong understanding of modern construction techniques, plant, and equipment
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of Civil engineering projects
- Contractually aware and conversant with common forms of contract – NEC, JCT etc
- Advanced knowledge in the complete MS Office suite, Asta Powerproject, AutoCAD, Navisworks and document management systems
- Knowledge of MEICA integration into Civils’ design
- BIM experience and actively encourage its use on live projects
- Educated to Degree Level in a Civil / Structural Engineering or related qualification
- Diversity & Inclusion