My client is a main contractor that works in the water and infrastructure sectors. They are on the Thames AMP7 framework and as a result are looking for a Contracts Manager to run this
Responsibilities of the Contracts manager include the financial monitoring and control of the contracts, ensuring Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance is maintained, and the Company's procedures and objectives are achieved.
• Extensive experience in managing projects within a civil/water environment
• Good working knowledge of contract conditions, CDM regulations, design management, programme and risk management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting
• Experience with MS projects (and P6 an advantage)
• Knowledge of the NEC contract including the Early Warning and Compensation Event mechanisms
• Educated as a minimum to HNC/HND/Degree level (or equivalent)
• CSCS card
• Experience in the Pre-Qualification and Tendering process for a number of multi-discipline projects
• Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence and mentor
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with both customers and all levels of staff
• Problem-solving skills and analytical thinking
• CEng MICE, or equivalent
• NEBOSH construction certificate
• Programme planning
• Ensure that projects and planned and programmed to a level of detail necessary for the site team to deliver the scheme without delays.
• Ensure that procurement and reconciliation of materials is carried out in accordance with Company procedures to best value and prevent delays
• Ensure site team compliance with Company commercial policies and procedures
• Attend tender handover meetings (the tender handover should be done by the estimator) and deliver pre-start meetings to the site team
• Ensure a commercial plan and end of life forecast is in place and monitored monthly for the successful commercial delivery of the project
• Produce and analyse progress reports, updated costs, and forecasts
• Ensure correct commercial engagement of subcontractors.
• Implement the risk management process, review risk registers and check risk controls
• Review the CVRs monthly with the project teams, implementing necessary actions.
• Complete and distribute the Contract Initiation/Completion form for each project
• Ensure Weekly review of progress, budget resources and forward planning is carried out and look ahead programmes are in place
• Chair and attend internal and external meetings and ensure the production of accurate records of any discussions and actions
• Ensure timely management of both temporary and permanent design to meet the requirements of each project
Key measures & targets:
• Adherence to all deadlines set and Business Unit objectives
• Ensure final accounts are completed within three months of the construction completion
• Monthly and weekly reporting timescales are met.
• Ensure 3 Pillar KPI measures are met.
• Project delivery without safety incidents within time and to budget.