Job Title: Construction Manager - Multi Utilities
Salary : £45,000 - £55,000 plus £6,000 car allowance
As a Construction Manager, you will report directly to the Operations Manager and you will be expected to plan construction projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation and scheduling of the projects.
KEY ROLE DELIVERABLES
· Handling health and safety on a project.
· Setting benchmarks of work to be done.
· Setting and agreeing budgets for the work.
· Managing and recruiting staff for the project.
· Being directly responsible for the work being carried out and the decision making
· Working on-site - inspecting work, checking materials and their delivery and storage, checking everyone is following safety rules.
· Working in the office - dealing with contracts, working with clients, holding meetings to keep the project on time and on budget.
· Work closely with architects and construction engineering professionals on a project.
· Any other reasonable requests as per the business needs and requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
· Previous working experience within construction management
· Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
· Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
· Understanding of all facets of the construction process and familiarity with construction management software packages
· Valid Gold/Black CSCS Card
ESSENTIAL AND DESIRABLE SKILLS
· Excellent communication skills
· Good team leadership and motivational techniques
· Excellent planning and organisational skills for writing and monitoring project plans and schedules and utilising time and resources effectively
· The ability to make decisions under pressure and problem solving
· strong attention to detail for conducting site inspections and managing complex contracts
· Health and safety awareness
· Excellent time management skills