Our client is a main contractor that works in the water sector in the UK and are on the @ one alliance project for Anglian Water. Due to growth they are looking to recruit Construction Managers who are ideallt from a Water / Civils background for their Peterborough operations.
The Construction Manager will be responsible for the management of the construction site in order to achieve required project delivery to the customers’ objectives, whilst maintaining standards of health and safety, quality environmental impact and cost control. They will deliver projects to specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance. The post-holder will work closely with the commercial department, engineers and surveyors to ensure that the projects are completed in a safe manner whilst customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
- Responsible for enabling construction activities required from the strategy, including design integration, IProcT, Tier 2 engagement and integration/collaboration
- Focus on, and driving for, reduction of time on site.
- Responsible for ensuring constructability, assembly & utilisation of Industrialised Construction techniques throughout the life of a project;
- Ensure project handover is completed to required timescales & delivery milestones.
- Request correct resources from the Operations Manager in a timely manner to meet programme demands.
- Ensure relevant safety, quality & environmental management systems are implemented, kept up to date & that site resources have the correct competencies & support regular inspections for compliance.
- Responsible for setting & delivering the best ‘build’ strategy for a project or programme, work alongside the IPL to identify & deliver against a scheme efficiency plan that aligns with Programme Area strategy;
- Contribute to the ROV process • Facilitate the delivery team to rehearse the delivery plan in advance of key activities to ensure optimal sequence & highlight any constraints or areas of conflict, supported by PLM Time Based visualisation techniques to display assembly sequence
- Lead & manage the construction teams to deliver their responsibilities using the ADR process & performance management where required.
- Ensure team are focused to meet customer’s requirements & project objectives – provide overall guidance & management to ensure project success.
- Ensure the team works in a structured & cohesive way.
- Manage poor performance within the construction team
- Liaise with Operations to ensure a seamless transition of asset ownership inclusive of commissioning
- Responsible for development of the Construction Phase Plan, including the quality of content, & for ensuring the appropriate level of sign-off has been completed prior to commencing on site.
- Work closely with the Delivery Assurance Managers to support construction assurance requirements, & to implement & manage detail contained within the PR matrix
- Utilise standard products & principles of assembly where possible (as identified by the teams), be open to innovative ideas & techniques.
- Ensure constructability reviews are incorporated into all schemes where appropriate, innovate new products into the Product Catalogue
- Ensure the site management team are focussed to meet internal & external customer requirements & project objectives - provide overall guidance & management to ensure project success
- Ensure the importance of the critical path activities and the sensitivity of other activities are communicated to the relevant stakeholders and these are being acted on by the delivery team
- Working as part of the Project Delivery Team, be responsible for construction expenditure, efficiency challenge & overall out turn cost for the project.
- Ensure all weekly processes are completed by the site delivery team (e.g. timesheets, GRN's).
- Manage construction risk & opportunities effectively - take responsibility for the identification, allocation & management of the construction risk & opportunities, taking effective mitigation measures to reduce on site risk
- Ensure commercial performance & delivery dates are visible on all sites using the commercial boards
- Facilitate regular construction & SHEQ health checks on individual schemes
- Work closely with the Cost Manager & Planner to forecast out turn cost/programme & monitor costs with a robust monthly CVR / project review
- Ensure compliance with scheme governance – out turn movement.
- Be responsible for ensuring the change control & early warning process is administered working closely with the PDM
- Ensure the use of CCMS within the Alliance as part of an integrated project team ensuring that CCMS is operated correctly and effectively for both costs management and purchase to pay
- Provide the IPL/ Project Delivery Managers/Operations Managers with progress reports, HSQE performance and support at meetings
- Identify where training is required or needs renewing
Key measures & targets:
Reduce time on site, wherever possible
Reports in accordance with the Alliance Reporting requirements including, but not limited to, Heath, Safety, Environmental, Quality and Commercial.
Completion of M2i (Measure to Improve) data.
The successful delivery of projects or programme of projects within the approved solution cost ceiling whilst achieving maximum efficiencies in full compliance with all Alliance & governance procedures, & to the highest standards with regards to health, safety, environment & quality.
Comply with the Project Supervision Roles & Responsibilities Matrix