Commercial Manager - Water
Quote ref: 1051/26939
My client is a company that works in the water sector and they are looking for a Commercial Manager in Somerset due to recent project wins.
As the Commercial Manager you will oversee the day-to-day Commercial management across various disciplines across the Business. You will be responsible for providing the Operational Leads with sound commercial advice whilst managing risk.
Duties of the Commercial Manager include:
- Manage commercial risk and opportunity.
- Ensure all reporting procedures are adhered to.
- Act as a single point of contact for all commercial, legal, financial, and administrative issues with the customer, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Develop and agree a commercial strategy which achieves the budget and maximises contribution.
- Lead, manage and develop the commercial team.
- Manage the relationships with our client's commercial teams to ensure a constructive relationship is maintained throughout the contract period.
- Ensure commercial contractual arrangements comply with all the applicable legislative, regulatory, and corporate standards.
- Assess and manage claims and disputes across contracts.
- Develop, implement, and continually review procedures and practice to ensure the effective commercial management of contracts
- Ensure commercial risks are identified, analysed, and managed.
- Ensure accurate forecasts are in place across the various business work streams.
- Ensure accurate cost value reconciliations are in place across all projects with monthly reviews and interrogation.
- Ensure best practice and lessons learnt are communicated effectively across the business.
- Work closely with the pre-construction team to input and assist in the successful bid of tenders.
- Support the Commercial Director by assisting in leadership across the business.
- Review and interrogate forecasts along with contract value reconciliations.
- Appraise staff, set objectives and identify appropriate training.
You are expected to support, understand and be committed to their company mission, values and goals, as well as their department’s character.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Experience of leading a commercial team
- Strong Knowledge of NEC Forms of Contract
- Experience of FIDIC and JCT contracts advantageous
- Proven ability to manage risk
- Experience in presenting financial information
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure to deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Advanced IT skills including the full suite of MS Office
- Experience working within construction sector is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders
- Quantity Surveying background essential