Civil / MEICA Project Manager - WATER
Quote ref: 513/26991
My client is a Tier 1 main contractor that works in the water sector and they are recruiting for Project Managers in the water sector for their projects in Yorkshire.
Reporting to Projects Delivery Lead, the Project Manager is responsible to deliver multiple on-going projects, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance, project milestones, budgets and contractual obligations. The role also involves working closely with the Joint Venture Partner, estimating department, engineers and surveyors to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner, whilst ensuring customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• All financial aspects of the project to ensure the required profit levels are achieved, produce financial forecast, monitoring and controlling project costs and cost reporting.
• To manage all phases of the project from the award of the contract through to eventual client acceptance.
• The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of design, procurement, and construction and commissioning.
• Review progress, budget resources and forward planning.
• The direction and performance management of all project resources allocated to projects being managed including vendors and sub-contractors.
• Ensure compliance to contract through effective project management techniques and delegated responsibility to other Site Managers and Site Engineers.
• Plan and agree the resources to be allocated to projects with appropriate functional and discipline managers.
• To regulate, negotiate and approve variations to contract in association with the client and internal departments.
• To effect project planning, review, cost control, change control, hand-over and acceptance procedures to meet the terms of the contract.
• To manage and ensure effective two-way communication within the project management team, and between vendors, sub-contractors and the client. This should include formal project meetings where key project milestones are achieved.
• Authorise the placement of order and ensure that applications for payment are correctly administered.
• Through other Project Managers, and Site Managers, ensure the cost-effective management of resources and delegation of key responsibilities.
• Ensure adherence to company procedures, engineering standards, functional specifications and management controls, including all SHEQ procedures.
• To arrange the production of the Project Delivery Plan, identifying all environmental aspects and impacts and mitigation methods and all Health and Safety risks and hazards together with mitigation, with advice as necessary from the SHEQ department, and to provide assistance to the Site Manager in maintaining the plan.
• To comply with all Health and Safety responsibilities commensurate with the role, as outlined in the Health and Safety policy
Safety | Innovation | TeamSpirit | Customer | Pride
• Liaise with third parties to ensure compliance with HSG47, HAUC, NRSWA and chapter 8 and other required regulatory standards.
• Ensure that site waste management plans and site-specific environment risk assessments are produced and maintained.
• Ensure that all subcontractors take appropriate steps to follow the company's procedures and processes.
• Close out any technical queries.
• Ensure that built O&M manuals are submitted to client on completion.
• Any other duties commensurate with the position as may be assigned from time to time.
• To work collaboratively with the client and wider project delivery team ensuring effective and timely communications, proactively managing the expectations of both client and the JV.
• Comply with the governance as set out by the JV
• Work with the JV and client audit team to ensure all documentation are available for audits as required.
• Demonstrate compliance to ensure scores remain in the upper quartile.
• Monthly and weekly reporting timescales are met.
• Contract timescales are met.
• Financial and technical performance of projects are manged.
• Cost-effective utilisation of resources, the control of labour, purchasing costs and sub-contractors.
• Quality of client relationship throughout the Joint Venture lifecycle.
• Conformance with the Companies Health & Safety Policy.
• Degree/HNC in Civil Engineering or equivalent
• CSCS Managers Card / SMSTS / SSSTS
Knowledge and experience
• Significant experience in Civil/MEICA Engineering
• Good working knowledge of contract conditions, CDM regulations, Design Management
• Knowledge of the NEC contract including the Early Warning and Compensation Event mechanisms
• Programme & Risk Management and cost control including forecasting, actual cost and value reporting
• Excellent communication, people and team management skills, with the ability to influence, motivate and mentor
• Ability to challenge designs and resolve problems to conclusion
• Ability to manage and deliver a successful project with minimal guidance