Job Title : Civil Estimator
Salary : Negotiable
As an Estimator you responsible for compiling cost estimates of how much it will cost to provide a client or potential client with a product or service outlined in their scope of works. You will be able to provide comprehensive and accurate quantities and budgets for labour, plant and materials needed to complete a project. You are also expected to identify and mitigate project risks and opportunities for review during bid settlements.
KEY ROLE DELIVERABLES
• Review and form an in depth understanding of the project from the Invitation to Tender documents.
• Preparation of Bill of Quantities and any take off to either populate or as a checking exercise.
• Identify and collate any subcontract, materials and specialist plant enquiry packages to supplement into tender as required.
• Pricing all directly deliverable or as necessary elements of estimates from first principles
• Identify operational and commercial risk within the project and ensure adequate allowance has been made within the commercial submission.
• Collate and submit to the client any Tender Queries within the prescribed periods outlined in the ITT documents when applicable.
• Undertake post tender negotiations to ensure the project is secured. Any other reasonable requests as required by Management
• Educated to National Diploma level, ideally construction based
• Experience working in a similar role for a minimum of 5 years
• Suitable experience working within relevant sectors (Water / Civils)
• Suitable experience working with estimating software packages
Essential And Desirable Skills
• Managing a number of complex issues within tight and unpredictable time frames
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Full and in depth understanding of Standard Methods of Measurement
• Very good working skills in Microsoft Office applications
• Full and in depth understanding of estimating principles