Job Title : Civil Engineer (Maritime Structures)
Location : Sidcup
My client is recruiting for an ambitious and highly motivated civil engineer to join their young and exciting Maritime Division at their Sidcup offices. Applicants should be enthusiastic towards civil engineering and excited to work on projects and in places not usually seen by everyday engineers.
You will be working on broad spectrum of maritime projects that will give you a fantastic base for gaining experience and becoming professionally qualified with the ICE through our training scheme. Maritime projects that you work on could range from structural inspections, feasibility studies, structural analysis & design, site supervision and contract administration.
• At least a 2:1 BEng/BSc in Civil/Structural Engineering
• 2 to 6 Years relevant experience post graduate qualification
• Min. 2 years working on structural analysis and design
• Work well as part of team
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal in English.
• Ambitions to become Chartered/Incorporated
• Post graduate qualification
• Own vehicle with clean license to travel to site
• Sea survival training
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Aid senior engineers in project delivery and look to exceed client expectations
• Ensure that work is performed in compliance with relevant Health & Safety Legislations
• Play a key role in the technical delivery of the work by the team
• Undertake the role of assistant to the Contract Administrator on engineering commissions, including preparation of specifications and drawings
• Undertake a variety of structural inspections
• Attend and participate in regular and formal project management meetings.
• Understand technical and design requirements of projects
• Work to delivery programmes
• Have interpersonal, motivational, numerical, analytical, self -organisation, planning and control skills.
• Be enthusiastic, pro –active, flexible and adaptive in the pursuit of achieving the planned team goals and targets and change requirements. A good team player.
• Provide feedback and encourage others to contribute ideas and opinions.
• Display persistence