Summary of Duties
Working with others to deliver complete engineering solutions including designs, drawings and price lists, utilising diverse skills and knowledge and using best practice to provide sound, sustainable and environmentally sensitive land drainage and flood defence assets and solutions on behalf of all the Boards.
1. Delivery, as a part of a team, of multidisciplinary projects across the four Consortium Boards.
2. Assist the Engineering team with the preparation and implementation of capital improvement and asset refurbishment projects
3. Collaborate with Operations staff and other team members; mechanical and electrical engineer, flood risk modeller, environmental officer and project administrator for effective project solutions.
4. Actively share knowledge and experience promoting high quality, high standards and cost effective maintainable and operable solutions
5. Prepare engineering drawings, designs and documents for multidisciplinary engineering projects across the Consortium Boards’ areas including asset repair and replacements from survey work and design sketches using the Board’s computer aided drafting and mapping facilities.
6. Lead drawing production including standards, registers, drawing quality and efficiency in delivery.
7. Ensure the representation of relevant CDM data on design drawings.
8. Ensure that all record drawings are current and reflect any changes made during inspections.
9. Co-ordination with specialist colleagues to ensure technical excellence in projects.
10. Undertaking investigations and surveys into drainage and flooding problems and complaints.
11. Assist the Engineering team in delivering the Consortium Boards’ annual programme for culverted watercourse inspections and cleansing including procurement and supervision.