My client is a leading water company who cover the South West region and they are looking for a BIM Engineer for their operations in Bath.
The Digital / BIM Engineer will report to the engineering and construction strategic BIM manager.
The exciting new role will work alongside my client's inhouse design and construction teams and will help grow their capability to deliver their Vision for 2020. It will suit an ambitious and proactive individual looking to move on to the next step of their career; and with the direct, hands on support for the Senior Leadership Team, play a key role in developing this capability against very challenging timescales.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
• Working alongside the Project Manager and Project Engineer to ensure that the designs of projects are running to client requirements and are compliant with regulations.
• To produce designs in accordance with the design specification
• To ensure the integrity of the design through:
design calculations, awareness of modern production techniques and cost effectiveness
• Communicating accurately with other stakeholders throughout the whole project lifecycle
• Understand and work to the project BIM requirements within the CDE
• Producing intelligent 3D models and constantly adding more value to the client by extracting information directly from the model, 2D drawings, Pipe Schedules, Setting out etc.
• Actively contribute to project design development by collaborating closely with project stakeholders, contributing to coordination, clash detection and design review workshops.
• Analyse and manipulate models and drawings received from third parties including suppliers
• Analyse and manipulate base maps and GIS data
• Produce as-built records, liaising with the construction team to clarify details as necessary
• Upload to the CDE of the required information at relevant stages of design or data drops with support of the CDE Administrator
My client is committed to ongoing training and development. Therefore, this role is suitable for a professional who is seeking to build upon their BIM and design experiences to date. You will preferably have a degree in civil engineering or a similar construction related degree. You will also have experience using BIM processes or you will have relevant technical experience within a design / construction role. You will ideally have a strong understanding of multiple BIM software platforms & PAS 1192 and ISO 19650.
• Design experience in the Water and Waste industry preferable but not essential
• Relevant electrical or mechanical qualifications
• Desire to progress and succeed within the industry
• Awareness of health and safety including CDM issues and design risks
• An understanding of PAS 1192 & ISO 19650
• Good communication and report writing skills
• Track record in BIM design and coordination including multidisciplinary projects and ideally experience within an M&E Design environment with an emphasis on large projects
• An expert Technical proficiency in the use of at least one of the common industry CAD and BIM design software packages: eg Autodesk Civils 3D, Navisworks, Revit, Plant 3D.
• Ability to pick up new software and gain a working knowledge quickly.
• Technical proficiency in at least one of the popular CDE systems: eg Autodesk BIM 360 Docs
• Able to write, implement and maintain BIM Execution Plans
• Ability to understand and implement Employer Information Requirements into models.
• Experience with visual programming (eg Dynamo) is desirable but will not hinder applicants.