Job Title: Associate Geo-Environmental Consultant
Location : London / Exeter / Birmingham
Salary : £45,000 - £50,000
Main Purpose of the Job
We are looking for an Associate Geoenvironmental Consultant to join our team of geo-specialists and to help grow the team’s capabilities and capacity. Duties will include general geoenvironmental consultancy activities on a variety of projects based throughout the UK. A primary interest in the land quality, contamination assessment and waste management field is required, although the team offers integrated geotechnical and geoenvironmental services so some capability and interest in engineering geology and general ground investigation practice is valuable.
The existing team is based in Exeter however applications from the London or Birmingham areas are actively encouraged as much of the geoenvironmental project work derives from the London area and the Midlands. Whatever the location some travelling can be expected with occasional short duration stays away.
Qualifications • A Degree in (typically) geoenvironmental science or geoenvironmental engineering
• Member of a relevant environmental professional body
• A similar, specialist post graduate qualification.
• Chartered member of a relevant professional body
Experience • Minimum 15 years’ experience working in a UK consultancy working environment for private and public-sector developers and operators, on a range of development / infrastructure project.
Skills • Full familiarity with UK land contamination policy, practice and guidance documents.
• Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
• A collaborative nature, demonstrating strong relationships with partner companies in the supply chain
• Be able to work well in teams and provide effective direction to all members of the team
• Excellent commercial understanding of environmental consultancy procurement
• A valid UK driving licence.
• Familiar with GIS (QGIS, ArcGIS) and Holebase.