Associate Civil Engineer (Water Sector)
Quote ref: 1061/79582
Our client is a well-established large, multidisciplinary design and engineering consultancy. They currently have a requirement for an experienced Associate Civil Engineer to join their growing team in Water sector on a permanent basis.
Following an exciting and very successful start to AMP7 and expansion of the International portfolio, the Infrastructure division is seeking to appoint a number of Associate Civil Engineers to join their Water Sector focussed team based at the Epsom & London offices.
They welcome a variety of experience and plan to utilise your specialist skills to support the team in winning and delivering innovative multidisciplinary engineering solutions for the broad range of strategic UK and international clients, across both Clean Water and Wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure areas. This includes treatment plants, desalination, pipeline and pumping stations, collection and storage systems.
You must be able to deliver in an agile and future-facing environment. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading as a Project/Design Manager or Discipline Lead on project delivery across UK and international project lifecycles: feasibility studies, front-end to detailed design (incl. Design and Build), and construction support.
- Leading on work winning through bid management; production of proposals, fees, scope definition, and quality answers in response to client tenders.
- Client or contractor engagement (incl. Design & Build) to lead discussions on technical water civil engineering solutions, to technical and non-technical clients – both during project delivery and bidding stages.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary environment across teams Worldwide, including the UK, to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Lead the efficient delivery of projects to meet programme and budget
- Undertake technical design and/or review and supervision of project teams’ design deliverables including engineering design calculation, drawings and report writing
- Lead on quality and safe design of technical solutions for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes.
- Champion the application of digital engineering initiatives and execution of innovative advances in water sector solutions
- Mentoring and line management responsibilities for team members from graduates to less experienced senior team members.
- Educated to degree level with a civil engineering bias; Chartered Member of a recognised engineering institution.
- Extensive hands on experience of design/design-&-build/project and bid delivery and leadership in the water and/or wastewater engineering sector Worldwide (UK and Gulf regions particularly).
- A strong technical water sector background, incl. knowledge of relevant UK and international codes and standards, for water and/or wastewater infrastructure and/or non-infrastructure assets.
- Highly motivated, organised and with a strong desire to promote technical excellence within project teams
- Experience of working with contractors to deliver the successful implementation of engineering solutions, including the Design & Build environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a multidisciplinary team including with Clients, Contractors and colleagues alike.
- Proven track record of innovation in the water sector – digital advances, circularity, low carbon, new materials, prefabrication etc.
You must have a flexible approach to work type and locations for project assignments, including overseas working or visits, if required.