Job Title: Area Sales Manager – Pump Efficiency
Location : UK wide
Location : £35,000 - £40,000
Now, my client is entering into a new phase of business development for this division and seeking growth by penetrating the industrial water sector of the market.
Our current Pump Efficiency sales structure is compact – so to be successful in this role, you’ll need to be resilient, determined, persistent and ready to build the new business from scratch. In the first instance this role is definitely new business development roles, rather than account management. You’ll be working as part of a small, close-knit team but you’ll have to be self-motivated and self-reliant in order to succeed.
You’ll be responsible for developing your own sales plan, which will become part of the National Sales Strategy, so we’ll want you to be comfortable with a level of autonomy that will see you finding ways to reach out to senior technical, influential managers within commercial industrial environments, where there is a requirement to process fluids, either through the manufacturing process, or the provision of water services and to open up opportunities for consultative solutions selling. You’ll be sourcing and developing new business opportunities and establishing and building new relationships within the water industrial sector, providing a major contribution to our plans to penetrate and take a share of that market.
By now you’ll have grasped that this role would be perfect for you, if you like to work pro-actively, setting your own action plans in motion and working hard to optimise the fruits of your excellent customer engagement strategies.
Area Sales Manager Pump Efficiency
A key customer facing new business development role, responsible for driving forward the Pump Efficiency division's UK sales growth strategy. The primary objective is to identify new business opportunities in the Water Utilities and Industrial Water sectors and use these opportunities to generate revenue for the business through consultative solutions selling. The role will also involve supporting the sales team in identifying and converting opportunities within the UK.
1. Responsible for new business development and sales growth of all relevant group products & services, achieving budgetary commitments and targets for the Company's products & services through a wide variety of sales channels including (but not limited to) consultants, contractors, tier suppliers, end users and OEM channels
2. Identify and pursue sales leads and source and nurture prospective clients using strategies that lead to opportunities for customer engagement
3. Present company products and services to potential and existing customers, through direct communication – telephone calls, emails, face to face meetings, presentations
4. Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation, qualify opportunities, define customer requirements, offer technical solutions, negotiate and close business deals for both transactional and consultative opportunities
5. Develop and deliver quality presentations and written proposals
6. Build and maintain an extensive knowledge of the current market conditions, enabling the company to remain competitive in the marketplace
7. Work in line with the Company’s beliefs and values to build and maintain customer trust, acting as a brand champion in the water utilities and industrial water sectors, instilling confidence in the customer with the aim of generating revenue
8. Manage established client relationships pro-actively, responding positively to customer requirements and expectations
9. Produce timely, quality, internal business reports
10. Communicate and collaborate effectively with all stakeholders to offer technical input for product/service development
11. Attend industry events, conferences and seminars to gain new business leads, contacts, market information and competition intelligence
The Person We Are Looking For
Minimum of 3 years experience in a new business development role in a related sector (eg. water, power, energy, industrial), with proven success.
Demonstrable knowledge of consultative solutions sales process
Strong technical capability
Robust relationship building skills and experience
Exceptional organisational and time management skills
Strong communicator and influencer
Self motivator with a can-do attitude, resilient and tenacious
Ability to demonstrate initiative, problem solving and decision making skills
Experienced user of Microsoft including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
Driver with clean driving license
Degree or HND in related discipline (e.g. Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical & Electrical Engineering)
Technical knowledge of pumps and associated measurement solutions in water/power/industrial applications. This may include engineering consultancy services; instrumentation; measurement, control and energy management solutions for the targeted sectors
Specialist understanding in any of the following areas would be advantageous: (a) large industrial users of water and power (b) pump systems, flow measurement and associated instrumentation (c) power meter solutions
An understanding of Energy Performance Contracts
What We Are Offering
Salary in the range of £35 - £40k depending upon experience and skills
Company pension scheme – employers contribution is 5% gross pay.
Life Assurance – 3 x salary
26 days annual leave excluding Bank Holidays