Quote ref: 6224/27421
Due to significant growth in business, our client is looking for acoustic consultants from Graduate to Senior/Principal level to join their Acoustic Team within our successful multi-disciplinary consultancy.
Candidates will ideally:
- Be a good “all-rounder” with a strong skill set and track record covering environmental acoustics for planning, commercial and industrial sectors. Technical skills and experience on architectural acoustics and building services would also be desirable for the Senior/Principal grades;
- Have a Masters in Acoustics, Physics or similar closely related subject;
- Hold an appropriate membership with the Institute of Acoustics or equivalent appropriate body;
- Have the technical and commercial acumen required to assist their Team Leader in developing and winning new business and a desire to help drive the future growth of the company;
- Be a confident communicator and be able to represent the business in a professional manner at both client and public meetings if needed;
- Be able to generate, maintain and establish strong client and staff relationships;
- Have a full, clean driver's license;
- Possess the technical skills, confidence and responsibility for ensuring the technical rigour of the services provided, and the implementation of our Health and Safety and Quality Assurance Management systems; and
- Be prepared to work collaboratively with other disciplines within the business.
Key Skills and Responsibilities will depend on the grade being applied for but are likely to include:
- Undertake and oversee noise assessments and acoustic surveys;
- Provide acoustic design specifications;
- Carry out acoustic troubleshooting;
- Project management (client, deliverables, timescales and budget);
- Staff management, mentoring and development;
- Undertake, mentor and oversee acoustic computer modelling work, using various software packages, such as CadnaA and similar;
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of technical reports;
- Peer review work, internal and external;
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of fee proposals;
- Liaise with clients, local authorities and engineers regarding project requirements; and
- Have an interest in Continued Professional Development for themselves, their colleagues and our Clients.
In return, our client is offering a competitive salary and extensive benefits package.