Urban Drainage Modellers – Assistant to Principal
Quote ref: 1061/56842
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies who has a requirement for an Urban Drainage Modellers – Assistant to Principal to join their growing team on a permanent basis. The role is located in Cardiff, Belfast, Bristol, Derby, Edinburgh, Epsom, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Peterborough, Warrington (flexible)
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
- Development of computer models to investigate flooding and environmental problems and generation of outline solutions
- Analysis of data
- Support development of reports and other project deliverables
- Undertake site surveys and walkovers
- Prepare (and adhere to) health and safety risk assessments
The successful individuals will be looking to learn and develop technically, whether in the early stages of your career, working towards an appropriate professional qualification or in applying those skills to senior leadership positions. You will be self-motivated and demonstrate an ability to work with others in a variety of project roles.
- BSc/BEng/MEng degree level: geography, GIS, Science, engineering related subject or equivalent considered with appropriate professional qualifications at the senior levels
- Technician roles require HNC, HND level qualification in similar subjects. Opportunities to work towards qualifications will be available for the successful candidates
For the more senior roles, varying levels of experience in model build and verification, hydraulic and water quality analysis, catchment planning, Drainage and Wastewater Management Planning (DWMP), solution development and technical leadership are required to match the specific position.