Our client is one of the largest civil engineering and infrastructure specialists across the water, transport, built environment and energy sectors who has a requirement for an experienced Site Manager to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
from Northampton to Scunthorpe to Norwich to parts of Essex.
Based on a designated site in the area, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of Supervisors, delivery teams and sub-contractors on site. You’ll look to ensure resources are utilised correctly to ensure efficiency is achieved and we optimise our workforce to meet deadlines.
Furthermore, you’ll be expected to carry out the implementation and monitoring of health, safety, quality, and performance standards and ensure all work meets required water industry regulations and Anglian Water approved standards including POSWSH.
• Accountable for SHEQ performance of Projects, including undertaking and recording findings of periodic SHEQ visits
• Responsible for all Health and Safety issues on site, completion of paperwork, including weekly safety & environmental inspections, toolbox talks, site-specific risk assessments & method statements
• Act as a Health & Safety ambassador across the organisation by driving cultural change into the Delivery/Design Teams to eliminate/minimise physical and non-physical waste – i.e., recycling techniques, workshop recharges, standing time etc.
• Oversee the management of multiple concurrent projects by proactively managing site-based Supervisors and Delivery Teams ensuring safety, quality and time frames drive performance
• Provide regular updates on progress (time, cost, and quality) to the Construction Manager and other key internal stakeholders
• Responsible for delivery of projects in line with tender allowances and agreed programmes of work, actively managing any slippage
• Proactively support planning responsibilities to ensure initiatives are implemented with minimal disruption, these include resourcing, project requirements and estimations
• Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors using an appropriate financial management accounting system to ensure projects are delivered within tender allowances