- Deadline: 25.02.2024
Our client, a main Civil Engineering contractor, who operate within the Water & Civils sector, have an excellent opportunity available, for Site Engineers to join their team on a permanent basis, working out of their base in Suffolk
The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience delivering Civils, Water. or Construction The role is located in Bury St Edmunds / Stowmarket and this is one of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK and it will be achieved by the engineering, integration, and assembly of a series of interconnected pipelines which will enable them to move water from areas with surplus water, to areas which are in deficit, making the east of England resilient to drought and securing water supplies for future generations. As a Site Engineer you will be responsible of the management of day -to date site quality assurance, including surveying, setting out duties, quality checks and assisting the site management team with all aspects of health, safety and environmental aspects.
Joining one the of leading construction and civil engineering contractors you will be provided with the opportunity to deliver on projects that play an important role in the everyday lives of people in the UK and Ireland. Their employees are at the core of everything they do, with this in mind they have their own in-house Learning & Development division that can offer you bespoke career toolkits & pathways. For this role their flexible working policy can be applied, which could see you working three days from one of their offices/sites and two days working from home.
Your key responsibilities as a Site Engineer:
- Overseeing quality control and assist in the implementation of SPA’s SHEQ vision. Assisting the QS with quantities and project progress.
- Having a proactive approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Supporting the Senior Site Engineer and Site Agent with day to day running of the site.
- Acting under the Site Manager as a supervisor on site for specialist subcontractors.
- Transferring digital and paper data/drawings onto site, and back into digital models enabling accurate and auditable record keeping.
You will also need to:
- Ensuring work is completed safety and to the required quality, sticking to the pre-agreed programme of works.
- Management of day to day site quality assurance, including surveying, setting out duties, quality checks and approvals
- Supervising Sub Contractors
- Assisting Site Management with all aspects of H&S
- Experience working as a Site Engineer
- Main contractor background
- Worked on Water/Civils projects
- Water Pipeline experience
Your required Skills and Experience
- Can demonstrate experience of being part of large-scale infrastructure programmes of work, preferably within the water sector.
- Work with site management team to help deliver site safety, productivity, and culture.
- Can take a lead on ensuring our product is right first time.
- Has a can-do attitude and enthusiasm to innovate and get the job done!