Senior Site Engineer
- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our main contractor client is looking for Senior Site Engineers to join them on one of the largest infrastructure projects in the UK. It involves engineering, integration and assembly of a series of interconnected pipelines which will enable to move water from areas with surplus water, to areas which are in deficit, making the east of England resilient to drought and securing water supplies for future generations.
You’ll be managing site engineers, reviewing construction information, and assisting the site management teams with all aspects of health, safety, and environmental management.
You will also liaise closely with the Engineering and Integration team to ensure work is carried out in line with specifications and drawings.
As a Senior Site Engineer you will:
- Manage site engineers and support the Site Agent and supervisors with the day to day running of the site.
- Support the site agent to deliver exemplary health, safety, environmental and quality performance.
- Responsible for quality control, understanding of specifications, and DWI requirements.
- Provide engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered.
- Take a proactive approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Responsible for providing and maintaining setting out and dimensional control, to ensure accurate construction of the work.
- Educated to degree standard in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- You should have demonstrable (5 years) of experience of being part of a large-scale infrastructure programmes of work ideally within the water sector.
- Ability to plan ahead and effectively delegate tasks to the engineering team.
- An appropriate and valid CSCS / CSR card
- Sound knowledge of latest building regulations, legislation and Health and Safety
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office packages
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and able to engage with all stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organizational skills