Senior Quantity Surveyor
Quote ref: 5773/73961
This contract with our central government client is for a Senior Quantity Surveyor for 12 months. The role is located in Aldermaston and requires 1-2 days per week onsite, you will need to be flexible to business requirements. The pay rate is £66ph UMB / £49.13ph PAYE.
- Development of typically higher value, complex contract cost models (Bills of Quantities, Schedules of Rates, Activity Schedules, Milestones) for use in the contract documentation, ensuring these comply with the project brief, timescales, budget estimates, all relevant M&O contractual requirements, legislation and regulations.
- Keeping abreast of changes in the market and the competitive environment in which the suppliers operate to enhance value for money.
- Measuring, validating, recommending and authorising monthly valuations / payments including verifying man· hour returns, site measures, day works claims, additional work requests, and claims.
- Issuing approved certificate for payment and any notices of withholding to the contractor to allow invoicing.
- Capturing and recording cost data (including Earned Value Management) for use on future projects reporting into the Estimating Benchmarking database.
- Mentoring and support of Quantity Surveyors by providing training and guidance to optimise performance.
- Control project costs and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Developing and maintaining working relationships and awareness with key internal stakeholders.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Supporting the project team in developing the appropriate project procurement strategies and tender documentation.
- Record keeping and change management of the contract in accordance with the contractual governance procedures.
- Management of the contractor incentive model and recommending any pain / gain share providing performance feedback as necessary.
- Supporting the assessment and settlement of contractor claims, throughout the contracts.
- Agreeing the final accounts with the contractor and internal stakeholders, and issuing the final certificate for payment.
- Providing subject matter expert advice and guidance to the Project Team and Supply Chain.
- Supporting the formal dispute resolution process and contract close out strategy as required.
- Supporting the preparation of specifications including the scope of works.
- Supporting the development of business cases and feasibility studies during project initiation.
- Providing input into investment peer reviews when reviewing budget forecasting, spend and change controls.
- Supporting change and championing best practice and ensuring Supply Chain processes, tools and systems are adhered to.
- Consistently demonstrating positive behaviours in line with the company's environmental, sustainability, safety, health, security, quality and ethics standards.
• Quantity Surveyor background 5 or 6 years +
• RICS member
• Large scale construction projects background (HS2 / Highways England project)
• Ability to work alone and in a team
• Public procurement expertise (Capital projects for other governmental agencies)
• Construction background