Senior/Principal Urban Catchment Modeller
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies who has a requirement for a Senior / Principal Urban Catchment Modeller to join their growing team on a permanent basis and to help support an increasing portfolio and workload. You will be joining one of the largest Urban Catchment Modelling teams in the UK, delivering projects for the majority of the UK Water Companies, the EA, many Lead Local Flood Authorities, as well as a broad range of overseas clients.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Technical and project management of DWMPs and other projects including Storm Water Management, SuDS, drainage, option development, SOAF and WFD delivery.
- Undertaking Project Manager role on projects where required
- Support in the preparation of bid documents and estimates.
- Supervision of project teams and supporting the Business Manager in resource planning.
The successful candidate should have a broad range of experience in:
- Catchment Planning– determination of hydraulic, environmental, and operational needs of catchments and the development of various horizon strategies to improve catchment performance
- Blue Green Infrastructure
- Solution Development– development of outline designs, and support through detailed design process
- Model Build and Verification – creating robust sewer network models that are suitable for analysis and solution development
- Hydraulic and Water Quality Analysis – intelligent assessment of catchment hydraulics and pollutant sources to identify needs and risks
- Integrated Catchment Modelling – constructing models for assessing the interaction between sewers (storm and foul), watercourses and overland flows
- The successful candidate shall demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Wastewater market sector, excellent technical skills and have a proven track record in one or more of business development, client management, project management and line management.
- Knowledge of the water environment and sustainability and desire to apply your skills to the challenges the water environment faces
- Understanding of UK Water Industry and regulatory issues.
- Proven track record in coordinating and delivering technically excellent projects on time and to budget
- Attained a chartered status (ICE or CIWEM)
- Experience in urban drainage modelling
- Competence in the use of Hydraulic modelling software
- First class written and oral communication skills
- Experience working on Storm Water Management and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SUDS)
- Experience working with software such as FME, Power Bi, and/or programming tools such as Ruby, Python and Visual Basic.
- Experience of team working on multi-disciplinary projects
- Sound commercial understanding
- Able to develop and motivate junior team members