Senior/Principal Civil Engineer - Water Sector
Quote ref: 1061/24780
Our client is a major design, engineering and project management consultancy who has been rapidly growing within various sectors and who is looking for a Senior/Principal Civil Engineer to join them on permanent basis
The engineering services our Client offers to their clients requires them to be able to deliver in an agile and future-facing environment.
The following are examples of the type of responsibilities and requirements our Client seek/need you to have, working as part of their dynamic multidisciplinary water/wastewater design team:
- Lead and contribute to the successful delivery of projects across UK and international project lifecycles: feasibility studies, front-end to detailed design (incl. Design and Build), and construction support.
- Lead and contribute to work winning through production of proposals, fees, and scope definition, in response to client tenders, in accordance with clients’ bid management system.
- Client or contractor engagement (incl. Design & Build) to lead and contribute to discussions on technical water civil engineering solutions, to technical and non-technical clients – both during project delivery and bidding stages.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary environment across teams Worldwide, including the UK, to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Lead and contribute to the efficient delivery of projects to meet programme and budget, complying with clients’ business management governance.
- Production and review of design deliverables including engineering design calculation, drawings and report writing for projects in accordance with relevant design standard, codes and Akins’ design management system.
- Lead and contribute to quality and safe design of technical solutions for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes.
- Lead and contribute to the application of digital engineering initiatives and innovative advances in water sector solutions.
- Act as a mentor to other team members, potentially with line management responsibility.
- Demonstrable experience in the Water Industry and have or be nearing Chartered status with a solid working knowledge of hydraulic design and experience of the interfaces with other disciplines, e.g., Process, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical.
- Recent, demonstrable, experience in using HADES, Varisim or WANDA.