Senior Dam Engineer
Quote ref: 3653/19615
Our Water client currently has an opportunity for a Senior Dam Engineer located in Reigate
Work on projects within a framework of water industry, dam engineering and hydropower within the UK and overseas.
• Provide technical direction to project teams, including studies, design, performance monitoring for all types of dams and hydraulic structures.
• Build relationships within the industry and wider the clients Waterpower and Dams community.
• Use appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful outcomes for their clients.
• Maintain up to date technical knowledge and CPD relevant to the role.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members within the team
• Complete all work in line with the clients Core Values and in accordance with the clients Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
- Professionally qualified (Chartered Engineer or equivalent) and member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. ICE.
- A member of the Supervising Panel of Engineers under the Reservoirs Act would be an advantage.
- Experience in dam engineering, hydraulic structures and/or hydropower.
- Competent skill level in business development.
- Ability to manage and develop projects from a brief.
- Ability to integrate into a team and provided technical management over other members of the team.
Experienced level of decision making.
- Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
- Computer literate with good understanding of industry design / analysis software and Microsoft Office applications. Experience in CFD applications would be an advantage.
- Understand the appropriate level of detail for different project requirements
- Ability to work well within a team and independently.
- Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and their design team – both written and oral
- Experienced level in client service management.
- Excellent organisational skills and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively.
candidates must be Chartered.