Project Manager (Water)
- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our Client has a rare opportunity for a Project Manager (must have water experience) to join their prestigious water company working on Water Framework.
Reporting to the Framework Manager, you will be working collaboratively with the Projects team and liaising with internal and external stakeholder and Clients. You will be responsible for the deliverables and planning of projects on the Client Framework Agreements. You will also manage and co-ordinate all project construction activities and ensure that all project deliverables are achieved with regard to safety, quality, programme and cost. Along with the following:
• Effective Programme Management
• Effective Communication with Client
• Effective Communication with Internal Stakeholders
• Delivery of Project on time and within budget
• Management of Project Team to drive efficiency and output Responsibilities include
• Lead site teams and sub-contractors to maintain the highest possible standard of safety performance at all times and ensure safety is the number one priority of all members of the team.
• Implement management and monitoring procedures to cover all aspects of design, procurement, manufacture and installation of components on and off site.
• Responsible for SHEQ and CDM compliance, working alongside EWG Health & Safety Team.
• Responsible for Commercial and Programme Management of Schemes.
• Chair and minute internal and external meetings including but not limited to - site progress, safety, team, design and sub-contract meetings, dependent on size of scheme.
• Support commercial team with selection and procurement of sub-contract packages.
• Identify and manage third party involvement.
• Produce all necessary reports for internal and external functions.
• Motivate and support the site team and sub-contractors to deliver all targets and objectives.
• Provides development opportunities through delegation and enthusiastically supports training and development activities.
• Resolve and close out all complex issues quickly and effectively.
• Work with Framework Manager and other team members to develop and secure new work streams.
The candidate The ideal candidate will have an ONC or HNC in an associate engineering discipline as well as having technical knowledge of Civil, Electrical & Mechanical Water and Wastewater operations. In addition, you will have a valid CSCS card and a SMSTS qualification. It is essential that you have experience of working in a similar role within the Water Industry and possess strong planning awareness and abilities. It goes without saying that you will have exceptional communication skills both oral and written and can motivate and negotiate with ease. You will lead the team by providing effective programme management on the project construction activities ensuring that all project deliverables are achieved with regard to safety, quality, programme and cost using your commercial acumen.