Our client is one of the largest civil engineering and infrastructure specialists across the water, transport, built environment and energy sectors who has a requirement for an experienced Project Lead to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
Location: from Northampton to Scunthorpe to Norwich to parts of Essex.
You’ll be responsible for the safe and successful construction of these initiatives and ensuring time frames are met and the programme stays on track in all areas; reporting deviations to the appropriate parties as soon as they arise.
Driving delivery and construction teams towards the aim of outperformance, you’ll strive for programme clarity, the development of your team and the successful optimisation of resources to provide safely delivered and right-first-time projects.
• Lead by example by providing clear, honest and supportive interrogation of plans developed by teams to ensure an open culture where discussion and support on programme plans is celebrated and provides robust plans with relevant mitigation to both work completion and operational risks are generated
• Manage programme risk and opportunities effectively - take responsibility for the identification, allocation and management of the project risk and opportunities, ensuring effective mitigation measures have been put in place
• Responsible for the project programme and reporting of the programme supported by information from the planner(s), design team and site team to update the programme as escalate deviations from the programme
• Responsible for compliance with the owner-controlled insurance program (OCIP) manual and guaranteeing governance requirements of the NEC 3 contracts are strictly adhered to
• Lead in stakeholder engagement and management
• Responsible for the CDM compliance of the team overall (PD and PC responsibilities delegated to the team) to ensure projects are developed and constructed safely and successfully
• Create an exciting, challenging and developing team environment which encourages collaboration to develop teams and individuals to improve overall organisational performance