Anglo Technical Recruitment ( 89 jobs)
- UK, North East, Tyne and Wear
- Full time
- Eligibility to work: UK
This is a chance to join our clients Team in Newcastle providing support in the delivery of wastewater infrastructure projects.
The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and our clients expectations.
As part of the Design Team the role has responsibility for providing support in all areas of Civil Engineering in the development of efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to wastewater network infrastructure in line with our clients strategic direction. The role holder will also support the Framework Manager and Office Lead as part of the local line management team providing support and guidance to staff based in the local office.
- Experience within the water industry with a focus on the design of wastewater network solutions
- Responsible for supporting the management and Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robustly defined technical solutions
- Undertake scoping and design, and provide ongoing support to Delivery Partners during the construction and commissioning of projects within the required timescales and within agreed design budgets
- Undertake production of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications in compliance with relevant industry standards. Ensure all solutions are safe to build, operate and maintain
- Undertake checking of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications produced by other Engineers.
- Preparation of the Business Case Reports clearly defining the project proposals for submission for governance approval
- Work closely with the all parties in the project team to ensure the right solution is delivered
- Communicate and quantify any residual risks associated with the preferred solution
- Work collaboratively within an integrated team environment to deliver design solutions
- Investigate and apply innovative approaches that will improve the way we work and drive efficiency
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
- Liaise with client and ensure that programmes and projects are managed effectively to ensure delivery in a manner which meets quality, time and budget specifications
- Maintain communication and develop ongoing relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers as required
- Undertake appropriate research of existing assets and investigation and design modifications / improvements
- Undertake the design activities using appropriate software and applying relevant design standards
- Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients
- Complete all work in line with Core Values and in accordance with Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
- Professionally qualified and member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. ICE
- Experience in water industry and in particular in the design of wastewater networks and associated assets.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages
- Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of projects
- Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordancce with QA and H&S procedures.
- Able to integrate well into a team as well as work independently .
- Experienced team and line manager with ability to support and manage project team members.
- Ability to develop an environment where values and behaviours are embraced as part of the organisations culture.
- Experienced level of decision making and ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and design team - both written and oral
- Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
- Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
- Excellent client service focus
- Flexible approach to work
- Date: 13.02.2018
- Deadline: 27.02.2018
- Quote ref: 3653/1251