Our client is one of the world’s most respected civil services consultancies. They currently have a requirement for an experienced Pipeline Civil Engineer to join their pipeline team in Epsom on a permanent basis. This role supports flexible working.
Following a continued success in AMP7 period, our client's Infrastructure division is expanding their water framework portfolios both in the UK and Internationally. Their pipeline team is part of a wider multidisciplinary water engineering team. They provide technical expertise in pipeline material selection, route selection and optimisation, delivery of pipeline structural and detailed design, thrust restraint, pipeline rehabilitation, trenchless technologies, condition assessment of existing pipelines, undertake research of pipeline project and deterioration modelling of asset life and pipeline construction support.
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
- Lead and contribute to the successful delivery of mainly infrastructure (pipeline focus) projects across their lifecycles: from feasibility/options assessments to detailed design, construction, commissioning and handover support.
- Engage with the clients and contractors, including in a Design and Build environment, to develop, innovate and implement best practice pipeline solutions.
- Collaborative working with the clients, contractors and across external/internal project teams to ensure successful and cost-effective delivery of projects.
- Actively plan, execute and review engineering design deliverables including calculations, drawings, specifications and reports in accordance with relevant design standards, codes, Client Standards and our Client's design management system.
- Lead efficient and agile delivery of projects to meet programme and budget.
- Leadership in overall quality and safe design of technical solutions in project delivery.
- Championing digital engineering initiatives and innovation in water sector solutions.
- Act as a mentor to other team members, potentially with line management responsibility.