- Deadline: 29.02.2024
My client is a contractor that works in the water industry and due to expansion and a recent increase in orders, my client is urgently seeking experienced mechanical maintenance fitters to cover their site activities, primarily within Surrey / Sussex / Kent regions.
The roles will include the repair, maintenance, inspection, installation and commissioning of a wide range of waste water equipment, primarily at sewage treatment plants.
Of particular interest at present are those candidates with current or recent experience working with aeration equipment and conveyor belt systems.
You will be part of a field based team, usually working with one or more other members of the team, travelling within outer London and the South East. A proven background in this type of work is essential. Fitters will hold a recognised technical qualification and must be able to demonstrate an understanding of mechanical equipment, although full training for the role will be provided. Supervisors must hold a current SSSTS or SMSTS qualification. A Thames Water Safety Passport, CSCS card and City and Guilds confined space training would also be advantageous.
In addition to a sound engineering knowledge, you must be able to demonstrate good communication and personal skills and organised and tidy working practices that make the company stand out from their competitors.
These positions would suit an ambitious individual who want to increase their responsibilities as experience increases or is proven, opportunities for development and progression will be provided.
• Carry out the repair, maintenance, inspection, installation, and commissioning of equipment, primarily at sewage treatment plants
• Assist in the refurbishment and repair of aeration equipment and conveyor belt systems
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently following all health and safety guidelines and requirements
• Show good communication and personal skills within our Client's team and towards all clients
• Ensure organised and tidy working practices that make us stand out from their competitors
• Act and communicate in a manner that promotes cooperation with colleagues
• Actively look for ways to improve your efficiency and that of the company
• Previous experience of mechanical fitting on sewage treatment plants (essential)
• Experience working with aeration equipment and conveyor belt systems (desirable)
• Capable and confident in mechanical works
• Attention to detail and a neat and tidy approach to the workplace
• Previous experience working on mechanical and automated equipment
• Physically able and willing to undertake manual activities associated with filter refurbishment works
• Basic electrical skills and knowledge
Qualifications & Licences
• Full UK Driving License
• Thames Water Passport
• Confined space training
• CSCS card