Anglo Technical Recruitment ( 109 jobs)
- UK, South East
- Permanent, Contract
- Full time
- Eligibility to work: UK
- Years Exp: 3
- Industry: Water
- Discipline: Supervisor,M&E,MEICA
- Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree
- Languages: English
Our client is looking to strengthen their MECIA team with 2 MEICA Supervisors for their offices based within the South East.
Preferably candidates will have strong water or process experience.
These roles are open to both perm and contract candidates.
The Mechanical engineers and the Electrical supervisors are responsible for ensuring the mechanical and electrical subcontractors are managed on site, that their work is carried out in a safe manner, and meets the requirements of design and specifications.
Their role also requires them to ensure the subcontractors are working to meet the requirements of the programme to ensure no delays are encountered.
The Mechanical and Electrical engineers report to the MEICA Engineers, Commissioning Engineers and the MEICA and Commissioning leads.
A list of responsibilities is listed below, but others maybe added depending on the particular project they are working on. The Mechanical and Electrical engineers are responsible for ensuring these actions are carried out.
Review Subcontractor RAMS and ensure prior to start on site, the RAMS are acceptable.
Carry out tool box talks with the subcontractors, on topics agreed with the MEICA lead
Hold regular meetings with the subcontractors to ensure they are on track to deliver the requirements of their contract.
Review working practices and ensure they are working in a safe manner.
Hold weekly review meetings with the subcontractors to review snags on works, to ensure they are corrected as the contract develops.
Carry out a detailed snag review of their works 1 week before they are due to complete, with the client representative, and ensure all snags are resolved prior to them leaving the site.
• The candidate has had a minimum 3 years of experience supervising M&E contracting in a heavy industrial process environment (preferably within the water industry)
• The candidate has completed a formal technical apprenticeship in a Mechanical and/or Electrical trade
• The candidate has previously held the responsibility of an Appointed Person (Electrical) and/or Appointed Person (Mechanical)
• Ideally the candidate lives within an area that is comfortably commutable to site on a daily basis
- Date: 13.03.2018
- Deadline: 27.03.2018
- Quote ref: 1155/17613