Our client is a major Water consultancy are currently looking for an MEICA Proposals Engineer / Mechanical Estimator to join their team in Derbyshire.
Preparation and submission of successful tenders for varied and challenging Infrastructure projects, under a variety of forms of procurement. In this role tenders will be predominantly in the Water Sector under our frameworks with Thames Water and Yorkshire Water Services.
Working as part of a team with the objective of securing profitable future workload for the business.
• Appraisal of tender documents
• Managing the tender pricing process ensuring completion and recording of all necessary process documentation to satisfy formal procedures
• Initiation of technical queries and ensuring design is sufficiently developed to enable accurate costings
• Preparation of material, equipment and sub-contract enquiries including selection of prospective suppliers and subcontractors, particularly MEICA suppliers
• Attending strategy/opportunity meetings with project team
• Visiting site to identify site specific risks
• Risk and Value management during the tender period
• Preparation of budgets and cost plans.
• Contribution to the design development process and attend design team meetings for D&B tenders
• Preparing tender Bills of Quantities if necessary
• Preparation of analytical cost estimates including preliminaries
• Using construction knowledge and commercial experience in conjunction with other members of the bid team to ensure competitive bids
• Adjudication and comparison of supplier and subcontractor quotations
• Contribution to value engineering throughout the design phase of design and build projects
• Presentation of the tender to senior management at tender settlement meetings including highlighting relevant commercial issues
• Completion of tender documentation and submission of the tender
• Ensuring a smooth handover of the project to the site team
• Supervision and mentoring of other estimators where required
• Enthusiastic with the desire to win
• Able to work flexibly to tight deadlines
• Effective communicator
• Ability to work as a team member or on own initiative
• Systematic / organised
• Resourceful, reliable
• Innovative and lateral thinking