Anglo Technical Recruitment ( 99 jobs)
- UK, East Midlands, Lincolnshire
- from £30,000 to £37,140 per year
- Full time
- Eligibility to work: UK
- Years Exp: 5
- Industry: Water
- Discipline: Mechanical Design,Mechanical Engineering,Electrical Design ,Electrical Engineering
- Qualifications: HND HNC or equivalent
- Languages: English
Our client a lead consortium of 4 large drainage Boards who are responsible for managing land drainage across a large part of Eastern England are seeking a M&E Engineer. They are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with good Electrical knowledge or an Electrical Engineer with Mechanical knowledge. Electrical/Mechanical Engineer to provide advice on the design, operation, maintenance, replacement and future development of our pumping station and water level management assets. Reporting to the Engineer but engaging with a wide spectrum of Board members, staff and the public, the successful candidate must have sound communication skills, be energetic and proactive in their approach and be able to manage and deliver a substantial workload comprising multiple projects, often working to challenging timescales and on tight budgets.
successful candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent team working skills, highly developed organisational abilities and honed communication skills. A suitable qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering and proven experience in the engineering of projects that include pumping installations would be beneficial.
Local Government Pension Scheme and Car Allowance Package included.
• Collaborate with the Board’s engineering and operations team to extract value from existing assets using judgement and technology to inform the asset maintenance/renewal programmes.
• Carry out asset condition inspections in consultation with operations staff and report on required works or amendments to strategic investment plans.
• Maintain databases detailing condition of assets, and maintenance, repair, refurbishment and replacement works undertaken.
• Prepare and manage electrical, mechanical and SCADA refurbishment/renewal projects including optioneering, engineering, costing, specifications, drawings, schedules and tenders.
• Supervise contractors engaged on refurbishment or replacement works at pumping stations and sluices as required including witness testing as necessary.
• Ensure that all record drawings are current and reflect any changes made during refurbishment or replacement works.
• Maintain and update as necessary each Board’s strategic plan for refurbishment and capital replacement of pumping stations, pumps and electrical control equipment.
• Prepare annual and medium-term budget plans for refurbishment and capital replacement of pumping stations, pumps and electrical control equipment.
• Report on project status to management.
• To represent the Boards at relevant forums and meetings as required.
• Carry out any other duties as may from time to time be required by the Chief Executive or Engineer which are commensurate with your qualifications and position.
• To undertake standby as part of the emergency duty rota.
• Degree is not essential but preferred
• Good design/hands on practical experience
• HNC qualified or NVCs would probably suffice if the individual has good written and verbal
- Quote ref: 99976/18992