Junior Sales/Business Development Consultant
- Deadline: 28.02.2024
This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy, successful practice within a long-established consultancy. An enthusiastic and proactive Sales Consultant is needed to help our Client expand their business. The role would involve conducting targeted business-to-business outbound calls to sell a series of utility-based services into a strong market with an established need. The role will be mostly remote but some travel to Bristol (once a month + whenever needed) will be required.
Our client is looking for someone with some experience of Sales and Business Development who would like to learn more and progress in their career. Successful candidate will be a proven seller who thrives in a busy, customer focused environment.
The candidate must be able to go through an SC Clearance.
Some of the main responsibilities for this role include:
- Conducting outbound sales calls.
- Professionally and diligently dealing with follow-on correspondence using phone and email.
- Preparing and issuing quotations to customers.
- Conducting follow-up calls within a defined timeframe to determine outcomes and gather feedback.
- Summarise activity for a monthly report.
- To manage relationships with customers and establish future spend potential.
- To prepare new business accounts for handover to account managers for subsequent development and management.
- To attend client meetings, exhibitions and networking events as required.
- Proven, demonstrable track record in telephone-based sales.
- Able to meet and exceed targets.
- Customer focused.
- Results driven, tenacious, ambitious, self-motivated and resilient.
- Ability to work effectively alone, or as part of a team to contribute to wider goals.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- An excellent communicator is required, both verbal and written.
Desirable Criteria -
- Experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Familiar with Customer Record Management (CRM) systems.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Relevant Sales / Marketing qualification is desirable.
Security clearance will be required.