Highway Drainage Engineer
- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. They are currently looking for a Highway Drainage Engineer with broad ranging experience in highway drainage design to join their drainage team on permanent basis.
This role is located in Manchester/Warrington/Leeds. The client supports flexible working but you might be required to travel across the UK and work occasionally away from home, including periods on overseas assignments.
You will play a key role in the design of drainage Infrastructure, Transportation and Private Developer projects with emphasis on highway, railway and development drainage including SuDS. You will be an experienced drainage designer with proven ability who takes ownership and responsibility for design solutions. As well as delivering the drainage design you will be responsible in supporting the leadership and development of the company's drainage capability.
To ensure the technical delivery of drainage designs for the projects, your responsibilities will include:
- Technical knowledge of drainage design and standards, bringing your experience and knowledge to the team and projects.
- Be an excellent communicator with confidence to work on your own initiative or as part of a team.
- Use your excellent analytical skills to derive potential solutions to engineering problems and engineering judgement to appraise and recommend options.
- Undertake designs, production of and review design documentation including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications.
- Mentor and guide junior colleagues including graduates and technicians contributing to the team’s development.
- Stay abreast of industry developments and changes in standards
- BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered Member (or working towards accreditation) of a relevant Professional Body.
- Experience in civil engineering design and relevant local and UK highway design guides.
- Good written and oral standard of English.
- Understanding of drainage design standards, including DMRB, local authority standards and Sewers For Adoption/DCG.
- Knowledge and experience of Sustainable Drainage (SuDS) designs and standards.
- Ability to use drainage design software such as Micro Drainage and/or Causeway Flow.
- Ability to plan, deliver and manage the technical delivery of a highway drainage design, including manging junior staff.
- Ensuring tasks are carried out within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Experience and understanding of Civil 3D/CAD and the BIM design environment.
- Ability to deliver all aspects of a highway drainage design, including models, reports, calculations, drawings / details and specifications.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with colleagues and clients for projects of varying sizes and scales.