Electrical Design Engineer
Anglo Technical Recruitment ( 186 jobs)
- UK, West Midlands, Birmingham
- £43+ per hour
- Contract , 12 months
- Full time
- Eligibility to work: UK
- Industry: Water
- Discipline: Electrical Design ,Electrical Engineering
- Qualifications: HND HNC or equivalent
- Languages: English
Our client have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join their team in Birmingham on a long-term contract basis.
UK water experience is required, this will be on the design and construct side of the framework and requires someone who can come in and hit the ground running.
You will be part of the Design Team that provides design services and technical expertise as part of an integrated team delivering feasibility, scoping, detailed design and construction support to Client's asset managment programme.
You will provide technical support in all areas of Electrical Engineering including Electrical, Instrumentation, Control and Automation (EICA).
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a global environmental engineering consultant
• Work on projects in water, wastewater, energy, infrastructure and environmental sectors.
• Undertake initial feasibility and scoping, through detailed design, to support for procurement, construction, commissioning and final handover of projects.
• Undertake production of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications in compliance with relevant industry standards.
• Liaison with clients, contractors and suppliers, stakeholders and third parties to ensure successful project delivery.
• Work in multi-disciplinary teams to ensure our wide range of projects are delivered on time, to the correct specification and within budget.
• Use appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients.
• Complete all work in line with Client's Values and in accordance with Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
HNC and above is OK for the right candidate, ideally degree qualified.
Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or other relevant subject.
A member (or working towards membership) of a relevant engineering institution i.e. IET.
Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in the electrical and ICA elements in the design of water / wastewater treatment plants and water / wastewater networks.
Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office.
Able to work well in a team and independently.
Strong communication skills – both written and oral.
A good client service focus.
Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task.
Able to plan and prioritise work load effectively.
- Date: 19.05.2017
- Deadline: 18.06.2017
- Quote ref: 3653/438