Drainage Design Specialist
- Deadline: 07.03.2024
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. They have a requirement for a Drainage Design Specialist to join their growing team on a permanent basis and to help support their increasing portfolio and workload. Locations for this role include Birmingham, Warrington, Leeds, Epsom, Belfast, Cardiff, Bristol, Glasgow, Peterborough (flexible working)
The role will have key responsibilities relating to business performance, business resilience and technical reputation and will contribute to the implementation of business strategy.
The successful candidate shall demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the drainage sector, excellent technical skills and have a proven track record of business development, client management, project management and line management.
You will be required to undertake a key role in the design of drainage Infrastructure, Transportation and Private Developer projects with emphasis on highway drainage and development drainage including SuDS. As well as delivering the drainage design, you will be responsible for supporting the leadership and development of the drainage design capability.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Leading the drainage designs from concept to detailed design and construction
- Determining and assigning drainage design tasks
- Managing the delivery according to programme and budget
- Assuming Technical Lead role on projects to ensure that the company delivers Smarter, Faster and More Reliable outcomes for its clients.
- Undertaking Project Director role when required.
- Undertaking Programme / Framework Manager roles on strategic / multi-disciplinary projects.
- Promoting staff development through training, on-the-job experience, and personal development.
- Actively encourage Team integration.
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards and policies.
- Manage Client Relationship Development with key Water Companies and non-Water Companies with the strategic growth of both revenue and margin.
- Promote the merge of more traditional engineering skills with innovative digital methods.
- Management / technical support of bidding opportunities to win work and identify and mitigate risks.
The successful candidate should be degree qualified, have appropriate professional qualifications, and have a broad range of experience of client management and of various drainage projects.
Other key attributes required include:
- Demonstrable track record of technical achievement and client satisfaction within the design industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal staff and external Clients.
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Full clean UK driving licence.