- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Their Infrastructure business is looking to appoint a Design Manager to support management of design professionals and technical aspects of Civil Engineering and multidisciplinary designs across a range of major infrastructure engineering projects. The position is within the Design and Advanced Technology (D&AT) team which prides itself of developing new and innovative approaches to solving complex engineering challenges on major projects. You will be able to work on a range of projects from those of strategic national importance such as Hinkley Point C, HS2 & multiple defence projects, development projects like South Teesworks Master-planning and Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
This post will be based principally in our client's London or Epsom office but with opportunities to work at locations elsewhere in the UK and overseas. Within D&AT you will be involved in nuclear, defence and water industry initiatives. Our client's portfolio of work continues to grow and there are a number of opportunities in the pipeline which offer exciting roles and responsibilities.
Example work might include:
- Management of civil and/or structural tasks and projects to programme, budget and quality.
- Assist in implementing the project BIM strategy including use of integrated design tools and data management systems.
- Co-ordination of multiple discipline inputs (including health and safety, sustainability, environment, planning) to achieve integrated designs/solutions.
- Helping ensure successful integrated delivery of projects by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary environment including working closely with the offshore resource.
- Helping to prepare schedules of work, work breakdown structures and risk schedules.
- Contribute to Health and safety management of design including application of CDM 2015.
- Working towards delivering Net zero within all work.
- Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrable experience within a Civil Engineering Design environment.
- Experience in design delivery including multidisciplinary design.
- Up to date knowledge of current design codes and design software relating to Civil Engineering.
- Ability to collaborate successfully within a project and team environment, act in best interest of team.
- Ability to manage, motivate and delegate within a project delivery environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to listen and take instruction.
- Hands on BIM/Digital competency.
- Proactive commitment to health and safety.