Climate Adaptation Specialist
- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our client is a major design, engineering and project management consultancy who has been rapidly growing within various sectors and who is looking for multiple experienced professionals to join them on permanent basis. They have an opening in their environmental sector for an Climate Adaptation Specialist located in London.
The team work collaboratively across the wider business, in particular with the Advisory & Economics team on international projects, and with the Sustainability team on projects involving Net Zero transition planning, carbon reduction, and environmental impact assessments.
Their exciting portfolio of projects and clients continues to expand, and they are looking to recruit a number of people with an understanding of climate risks and climate change advisory services. For this role, Our client requires a driven Consultant / Assistant Consultant to contribute to their work on climate risk assessments, adaptation planning, climate disclosure, and the development of weather and climate services.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- To work effectively as part of a team and with other professionals (environmental scientists, engineers, planners, economists) throughout the company and their partners, to provide a consistent and integrated service to their clients.
- To contribute to developing offers for their clients to win new projects.
- To support the delivery of new digital products and projects within the Climate Futures and Water Management Consultancy team and work collaboratively with other businesses.
- Depending on experience, to support delivery of key service areas such as climate risk assessment, adaptation & resilience planning, climate finance, climate & weather services
- A degree in a relevant technical discipline (at least a 2:1 in geography, environmental science, climate science, environmental economics or engineering)
- Desirable that the candidate has a relevant Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline
- Ideally the candidate has 2 or more years’ experience in the climate change industry, preferably in a consulting/ advisory role
- Experience in working in project teams/workstreams and in developing proposals/bids to win work from clients is a positive
- Some skills in GIS and coding skills in Python or R is a positive but not essential (e.g. experience in climate risk mapping, experience in processing climate change data).
- High level proficiency in Excel and other Office tools (Word, Teams, Powerpoint).
- Driven to create positive impact and climate action
- Highly motivated and proactive; focussed on achieving and delivering technical excellence to high standards.
- Skilled at collaborative working in teams with range of different technical backgrounds, with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
- High-level technical performance in climate change analysis and report writing
- Flexible and keen to take on new challenges, learn, and develop new approaches to a wide range of problems.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and visual), and able to adapt communication style to different audiences.
- Well organised - able to plan ahead and manage multiple projects running at the same time.