Clean Water Network Modellers / Engineers
- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, project management and building services consultancies. They are currently looking for Clean Water Network Modellers / Engineers of all levels to join their Clean Water Networks team on a permanent basis. The role can be located in Cardiff, Belfast, Bristol, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Epsom, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Peterborough, Warrington (flexible working)
The team carries out a range of projects related to water and wastewater, including the design of water supply networks and trunk mains, through to drainage network improvement schemes to relieve flooding and pollution problems to improve our environment. This typically involves undertaking feasibility studies/projects using computer modelling, analysis to support operational and environmental recommendations or other interventions.
The successful candidates will join a team of engineers, modellers, GIS specialists and technicians and play a key role in delivering projects to a range of Clients including Water Companies, Local Authorities, developers with the potential to get involved with International projects.
- Development of computer models to investigate flooding and environmental problems and generation of outline solutions
- Analysis of data
- Support development of reports and other project deliverables
- Undertake site surveys and walkovers
- Prepare (and adhere to) health and safety risk assessments
The successful individuals will be looking to learn and develop technically, whether in the early stages of your career, working towards an appropriate professional qualification or in applying those skills to senior leadership positions. You will be self-motivated and demonstrate an ability to work with others in a variety of project roles.
For the more senior roles, varying levels of experience in model usage, hydraulic analysis, solution development and technical leadership, as well as BSc/BEng/MEng degree level: geography, GIS, Science, engineering related subject or equivalent with appropriate professional qualifications are required.
- Management and technical supervision of a team of clean water modellers
- Implementation of industry leading solutions and development of innovative solutions.
- Clean water modelling and distribution networks
- Building and calibrating network models
- Using network models for planning, operational and design purposes
- Management of Detailed Zonal Studies delivery, Pressure Management and DMA Design
- Supervision of report writing and check and review of outputs.
- Experience with SYNERGI, INFOWORKS WS, EPANET, Infowater and other modelling software.
- Technician roles require HNC, HND level qualification in similar subjects. Opportunities to work towards qualifications will be available for the successful candidates