Clean Water Network Engineer/Pipeline Designer
Quote ref: 1061/59692
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, project management and building services consultancies. They currently have a requirement for an Clean Water Network Engineer/Pipeline Designer to join their growing team on a permanent basis. The role is located in Bristol or Epsom (flexible working).
Their Clean Water Networks team resides within the Asset Planning & Solutions practice which carries out a range of projects related to water and wastewater, including the design of water supply networks and trunk mains, and supporting clients through the project lifecycle from scope definition and optimisation through to detailed design, construction support and project handover.
The successful candidates will join a team of engineers, modellers, GIS specialists and technicians and play a key role in delivering projects to a range of Clients including Water Companies, Local Authorities, and Developers, with the potential to get involved with International projects.
- Development of pipeline and network solutions from concept through to detailed design.
- Development of engineering solutions and advising their clients to help them make better asset investment decisions.
- Supervision and delivery of reports, risk assessments, and other project deliverables.
- Mentoring and technical development of junior members of the team.
- BSc/BEng/MEng degree level in an engineering related subject, or equivalent
- Chartered or close to being chartered within a relevant professional institution.
- Proactive commitment to Health & Safety with good knowledge of CDM requirements.
- Experience of delivery of projects as part of a multidisciplinary team providing technical supervision and guidance to junior members of the team.
- Implementation of industry leading solutions, construction techniques and development of innovative solutions.
- Experience of client engagement and interaction with UK Water Companies.
- Knowledge of Clean Water network hydraulics, operation, and performance.
- Supervision of technical report writing and check and review of outputs.
- Budget and programme tracking.
- Experience with GIS software and design packages such as AutoCAD (Civils 3D) as well as exposure to hydraulic modelling software.