Clean Water Modeller
Quote ref: 1061/62025
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. They are currently looking for an experienced Clean Water Modeller to join their Belfast Infrastructure division on permanent basis.
The role will sit within the Asset Planning & Solutions practice and you will be a part of their Water sector team.
The successful candidate will be supporting the delivery of a wide range of infrastructure projects, both within the UK and overseas. They will help with the technical expertise on the projects, including computer hydraulic modelling, use of Geographic Information Systems, data analysis, project management assistance. They will also take part in liaising with other offices, clients and staff.
The successful individual will be looking to learn and develop technically, working towards a professional qualification – either ICE or CIWEM. They will be self-motivated and demonstrate an ability to work with others in a variety of project roles, taking on an appropriate level of responsibility when required. They will be knowledgeable about changes in the Water Industry and implications on design and performance criteria.
Our client is supporting flexible working, but you may be required to spend some time in different offices or on site.
- Delivery of projects as part of a team as well as on individual assignments as required.
- Management and coordination of field testing required for model validation and calibration.
- Using hydraulic models for planning and operational purposes.
- Investigation and resolution of water infrastructure issues through the development of design solutions.
- Interacting with clients and other stakeholders during face-to-face meetings.
- Data analysis and anomaly identification.
- Technical report writing.
- Proactive commitment to Health and Safety.
- Create innovative tools to support the digital drive within the Water industry.
- Engineering / water management related degree or equivalent experience.
Essential Criteria -
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent Communication Skills – oral and written.
- Proactive and motivated to develop technical knowledge and experience.
- Keen interest and appreciation of the UK Water Industry.
- Demonstrable use of Clean water modelling software (InfoWorks / Synergi / InfoWater).
- Excellent team working.
Desirable Criteria -
- 3-4 years’ water industry experience.
- Experience working with programming software such as FME and Visual Basic.
- Working knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (MapInfo / ArcGIS).
- Previous field testing and data collection experience in the water industry.
- Full UK driving licence (clean).