My client is looking for Civil Design Engineers ideally from a water (non infra) background to join the Water Team in their Birmingham / London locations.
You will be part of a co-located team, the Senior / Civil Engineer will be involved in the refurbishment of treatment works, pipework, layout development, pumping stations, outfalls etc.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake the role of the Project Manager as required..
- Prepare own discipline designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Monitor quality of own discipline team work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, - Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation.
- Check/ approve own discipline work, including third party design proposals, as identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Carry out other duties identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of own discipline standard specifications as required.
- Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
- Assist with monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of project resources.
- Comply with BMS Procedures.