Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, project management and civil services consultancies. They have a requirement for an Associate Director - Water Market to join their growing team on a permanent basis and to help support their increasing portfolio and workload. This role will be based in their Leeds or Stockton office with flexible working.
The engineering services they offer to their clients require them to be able to deliver in an agile and future-facing environment. The following are therefore examples of the type of responsibilities and requirements they seek/need you to have, working as part of their dynamic multidisciplinary water/wastewater design team.
On their frameworks act as programme manager or Project Director on regional frameworks with key clients, maintaining strong client relationships and driving continuous improvement in delivery.
On major projects act as Lead Project Manager / Design Manager or Discipline Lead on project delivery across UK and international project lifecycles: feasibility studies, front-end to detailed design (incl. Design and Build), and construction support.
- Develop and maintain key client relationships with local and national water clients.
- Lead on work winning through bid management; production of proposals, fees, scope definition, and quality answers in response to client tenders, in accordance with the bid management system.
- Client or contractor engagement (incl. Design & Build) to lead discussions on technical water civil engineering solutions, to technical and non-technical clients – both during project delivery and bidding stages.
- Identify opportunities to promote value propositions with water clients.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary environment across teams and Practices to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Lead the efficient delivery of projects to meet programme and budget, complying with our Client's business management governance.
- Accountability for profitable delivery of of projects and effective risk management.
- Undertake technical design and/or review and supervision of project teams’ design deliverables including engineering design calculations, drawings and report writing complying with the design management system.
- Lead on quality and safe design of technical solutions for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes.
- Champion the application of digital engineering initiatives and execution of innovative advances in water sector solutions.
- Mentoring and line management responsibilities for team members from graduates to less experienced senior team members.
- Provide technical leadership in water engineering.