Assistant Drainage Engineer
Quote ref: 1061/48529
Our client is the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies who has a requirement for an Assistant Drainage Engineer to join their growing team on a permanent basis. The role is located in Birmingham, Warrington, Belfast, Glasgow, Cardiff, Bristol, Derby, Peterborough (flexible working)
- You will be working on the design delivery of drainage infrastructure projects as part of a team as well as on individual assignments as required.
- This will involve the development and assessment of design solutions, technical analysis, as well as technical report writing and a proactive commitment to Health and Safety.
- The role will require interacting with other design disciplines and stakeholders, overseeing junior members of staff as well as supporting the engagement of the digital initiatives.
- Shaping the future of networks and drainage-merging more traditional engineering skills with innovative digital methods
• You will have good communication skills
• Be interested in and have knowledge of development drainage infrastructure as well as holding a related Degree such as Civil Engineering or Science
• You should be progressing towards attainment of a recognised professional qualification for which you will receive support
• mentoring and provision of training where required
• Ideally you will have some experience in using hydraulic models (such as MicroDrainage software) for design purposes
• As would experience in the design and detailing of drainage systems (foul and surface water) SuDS and related design standards together with a working knowledge of Civils 3D and/ or MicroStation.