Senior Structural Engineer
- Deadline: 28.02.2024
Our client is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, project management and building services consultancies. They provide multidisciplinary design and engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of sectors on local, national, and international projects. The main sectors they cover are Education, Commercial, Airports, Defence, Energy, Civil Infrastructure, Residential and Rail. They are currently looking for an experienced Senior Structural Engineer to join them on permanent basis in North East/Yorkshire region. Locations include Leeds, Stockton or Newcastle (flexible working)
The role might require the candidate to go through the government security clearance.
You will be a Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer with a proven track record of successful delivery of design projects from concept to completion. Credibility, competence and technical excellence are a given as the role requires close working with the company's internal and external clients, decision makers, industry stakeholders and other consultants to develop robust design, low carbon solutions through collaborative and proactive management of client demands.
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with key and prospective clients.
- Technical and commercial responsibility for structural engineering design delivery.
- Review calculations, drawings, and design documentation.
- Attain industry recognised Professional qualifications.
- Client and stakeholder interfacing.
- Undertaking embodied carbon calculations for building structures and advising on low embodied carbon structural solutions.
Key Experience Required:
- Degree-qualified Civil/Structural Engineer.
- Chartered or near chartered Civil/Structural Engineer
- Extensive post graduate experience in structural engineering building projects.
- Detailed working knowledge of design codes and standards relating to structural engineering such as Eurocodes.
- Proven track record in design delivery with specific experience of; steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, and timber designs - foundation design and structural analysis, construction delivery.
- Detailed working knowledge and experience of 2D & 3D analytical packages such as, but not limited to, Robot, Tekla and Tedds.
- Knowledge of construction implementation with proven site experience and an understanding of buildability.
- Sound commercial understanding of the consultancy business.
- Ability to develop, motivate and mentor their growing team.
- Proven record of developing client relationships and winning new consultancy work.
- Understanding of low embodied carbon structural solutions and how to calculate embodied carbon of building structures.
- Knowledge of NEC3 and NEC4 Contracts and the roles defined therein
- Driving Licence