Net Zero Carbon, Decarbonisation and Sustainability Consultant
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
This role is for one of the biggest environmental consultancies, they are currently looking for an experienced NZC Consultant to join their growing team on a permanent basis to support the delivery of numerous projects all across the UK and internationally. This role is located in Nottingham.
They are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Consultant who will work with their team to deliver net zero carbon advisory and wider sustainability services. The right person will have a passion for, and experience in sustainability.
Your permanent location will be their Nottingham office working across the Midlands including their Birmingham and Oxford offices, though they have a flexible working approach. The role may include travel to clients’ offices/ sites throughout the UK. Candidates may be expected to attain an appropriate level of UK security clearance.
The range of experience they are looking for is diverse. They have outlined beneficial experience below – though they wouldn’t expect all of these to be addressed. Providing technical sustainability support to clients in a wide range of areas including:
- Sustainability strategies.
- Renewable feasibility studies.
- Building performance.
- Whole life carbon assessments.
- Climate adaptation / mitigation strategies.
- Experience modelling net zero carbon roadmaps.
- Measurement and Verification (design and application of M&V Plans in accordance with IPMVP or other recognised standard would be beneficial).
- Passive knowledge.
- Knowledgeable regarding UKGBC, CIBSE, LETI.
- Knowledgeable regarding funding routes, for example Salix.
- Knowledgeable on design stage, construction, and in-use stages.
- Low Carbon Energy Assessor accreditation would be beneficial.
- Preferable: MSc in an Engineering, Energy, or related field.
- Competent in Microsoft Office and Windows applications.
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to initiative, build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Able to assimilate within a team and maintain/develop the business.
- The context of this work is changing so candidate should be confident in undertaking independent research into sustainability, energy and Net Zero related topics.
- High level of energy with lots of drive and enthusiasm and a can-do attitude.