Senior Rail Engineer
Quote ref: 648/27573
Our client is a international, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. They are currently looking to expand their Rail team with a new Senior Engineer located in Manchester. This role is hybrid working.
You will support our design teams delivering projects in the Rail and Civil Structures sectors. The right person will contribute to the design and provide technical support to design teams delivering infrastructure projects. Successful candidates will benefit from appropriate training and support for their professional development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inspections, assessment, design and structural health monitoring
• Checking and approval of designs and calculations
• Provide technical guidance to engineers and clients
• Reporting progress to Clients
• Support and encourage staff in their professional development
• Contribute to business development activities
• Good Written English
• Good communication skills
• Good software skills for communication, reporting, calculations and structural analysis
• Engaging in preparation of tenders, business promotion and general commercial.
• Project management
• Honours Degree in Civil Engineering 2(i) or above
• Master's degree in civil engineering
• Membership of a relevant professional body
• 7+ years' experience in a design office working on a variety of projects