Senior Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist
Quote ref: 1061/59791
One of the biggest building services consultancy is currently looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Geologist / Geotechnical Engineer to join their growing team on a permanent basis to support the delivery of numerous projects all across the UK and internationally. This role is based in our Client's Cardiff office however they do support flexible working.
This role is an exciting opportunity to take a leading role in the ground engineering input to some of our most challenging projects. The role will include the mentoring of junior engineering geologists. Candidates for this role should have the right flare and ability that will help our Client develop and expand their infrastructure geotechnics capability by building on the existing portfolio of their rapidly expanding, flexible and outward looking team that can tackle work across a broad spectrum of sectors.
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent)
- Chartered status.
- Proven experience of acting in a senior role in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment.
- Project management - experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
- Proven geotechnical design experience.
- Application of CDM Regulations in a design and ground investigation environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead design teams.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with clients.
- Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
- A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas.
- A valid UK driving licence.