Our Rail client is currently recruiting for a Senior Fire Safety Engineer, on a 9 month initial contract paying £471 p/d inside IR35.
Role: Senior Fire Safety Engineer
Contracting Authority: Network Rail
Sensitive Information on Client –No
Contract Length: 9 months
Location: Work from home/Milton Keynes and travel London & other locations. Train would be provided for other locations
IR35: in scope
Pay Rate to Candidate: £471 per day Umbrella
• Fire safety (not fire service people generally unless they have done fire safety)
• Building control
• Building regulations and reform order for England & Scotland
• Rail experience – ideal
• Develop and produce policy, fire risk control arrangements (including standards, procedures and codes of practice) and fire safety training requirements.
• Undertake fire safety inspection and risk assessment of the property portfolio and Network Rail controlled infrastructure.
• Identify and develop appropriate engineering controls for reducing the risk of fires.
• Provide design advice and technical review for proposed alterations to the property portfolio and Network Rail controlled infrastructure.
• Review fire safety aspects of the ROGS applications of train operating companies.
• Provide effective fire safety advice and support to Network Rail line management.
• Undertake regular liaison arrangements with local rail industry managers and staff and officers of the Fire Authorities, the safety regulator and other relevant bodies to safeguard Network Rail’s interests, with regard to fire safety.
• Direct the investigation of significant fires affecting the property portfolio or Network Rail controlled Infrastructure
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: 10th June 2021
Interview Process: via MS Teams